"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney

Monday, June 30, 2008

Parade Time!!!







Jais and Dréa were in their first parade on Saturday. They were in the Herriman Parade with their dance company, Dance Explosion. They were very excited and Jarrod and I were nervous to see how they would handle being on the trailer with everyone and not being able to see us. Yeah, they couldn’t have cared less that we weren’t there. They were more towards the end of the parade so Jarrod, my dad and I collected a lot of candy. It was for the girls of course. Some great, wonderful and smart person thought up the idea of throwing Otter Pops. We each ate like five Otter Pops while we were waiting for the girls to come by. That was the perfect treat considering it was 9:30 in the morning and 95 degrees. Finally the girls came by and I ran out on the street to get their attention. They were so excited to see us. They were all smiles and waves. They did perfect. I was so proud!! And if you check out their hair I did it myself. Pretty dang good if you ask me. They are going to be in the Riverton Parade on Thursday. They are going to be pros by then. Everyone have a fun and safe 4th of July!!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

How cute are they. I am so glad you have a blog now, tell your cousin she needs to help design mine.

Lindsay said...

YES!!! Another blog to stalk!!! Seriously. blogs are fantastic. How else would I know what's going on in your life?! Just don't be a blog-slacker. At least once a week, if not more, you need a post. You have two girls. There's PLENTY to blog about. And I had to laugh when I read about you inheriting cheering from your mom. I sure love her.

Lees said...

Hey Devy! I found your blog on Thueson's! Yay! Your daughters are beautiful!

Nickell