"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney

Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School




Today was Jais and Dre'a’s first day of school. Jais started the first grade and Dre'a started Pre-K 3. We met the teacher last Thursday and Dre'a was very upset that she couldn’t stay. That made us feel very at ease considering this is our “baby” and she is starting something new. So while we were getting them ready this morning there were no butterflies in my stomach. I new they were both very excited and love where they were going. We dropped Dre'a off first and Jais showed her the ropes (she thinks she is the pro now that she is in the first grade). All was fine until we went to say good bye then all of the sudden Dre'a had the look of “where the hell do you think you are going?” She just looked at us and waved. Then it was off to Jais’s class. She just said good bye and ran in. I did pretty well until I got in the car and called my mom. As soon as I started to tell her about Dre'a I lost it. I new she would be fine, it was just seeing that face that killed me. I made Jarrod promise that he would wait for me to pick them up and I think it took me forever to get there. We got Jais first and when we saw Dre'a she looked at us like “what the hell do you want? I’m busy!” Yep, that’s my Dre'a. Dre'a informed us on the way to the car that her day was good because she didn’t hit anyone or spit on anyone. So I guess they both had a very good first day.

3 comments:

Angelle said...

LOL! No spitting?? I'd count that as a success too. :) That uniform is adorable.

Taisja & Brady Maxfield said...

Dev,
Your blog is looking so cute! The girls look so cute! I miss you guys so much! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Can't wait to come home on Thursday.

Brittany said...

First grade is a hard one but sounds like she did great, where is she going to school? Can you get any cuter than Drea, good job on no hitting or spitting (love it). I hate the first day it is rougher on us then them I think. Have a great year at school girls!